During a recent chat about favorite foods, our team realized how many of our go-to snacks and beverages are produced or distributed by fellow B Corps (with the list of available options growing steadily). Here are ten foodie-friendly companies we love.
1. Wholesale produce distributor Veritable Vegetable delivers fresh, organic fruits and veggies at a great price. They service California, parts of Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico.
2. Clover Sonoma is a Mangrove Client and comes highly recommended for their farm fresh dairy and eggs. Tip from Maiya: Make your next burger “Aussie style” by adding a fried egg.
3. If you’re looking for a totally guilt-free snack, you’ll love Bare. They make baked fruit and veggie chips that are yummy and all-natural.
4. Rebbl makes tasty herb and protein-packed elixirs, but what we love most is their mission. The company’s founder started the business to help eradicate the human trafficking problem in Peru.
5. Next time you’re in the Bay Area, check out Marie’s favorite salad place, MIXT. She recommends the Elote—a perfect mix of fresh fruits, veggies, and proteins.
6. ReGrained Bars are one of Maiya’s (and her toddler’s) favorite snacks. The company uses upcycled grains created when brewing beer to make their unique SuperGrain+ flour. The bars are full of protein, fiber, and micronutrients.
7. Kombucha is a favorite on the Mangrove team, and we especially enjoy Brew Dr.’s organic, 100% raw options. They also make great teas.
8. Sufferfest Beer Company was founded by an avid runner looking for a beer that aligned with her active lifestyle. She teamed up with a master brewer to create delicious craft beers that are now available in California, Colorado, and the Pacific Northwest.
9. Another conscientious brewing company is North Coast Brewing. They’re making a big difference for their community and the environment, and their craft beers are delish. It’s a win-win!
10. Founded by two women in their college apartment, Wild Friends Foods has grown into a thriving business. They produce a variety of nut and seed butters made with clean ingredients.
11. Narrative Food is a woman-owned and operated, Los Angeles based, produce and provisions delivery service that has been operating since 2010. At its core, Narrative Food is more than just another start-up food delivery service, online grocery, or meal kit. Their company’s goal is to inspire people to value good food sourced from a regenerative agricultural system, and to connect to the people, stories and places, which make up the Narrative Food community.
Which B Corp food and beverage companies would make your shortlist?