WordPress now makes up over 35% of all websites (!!), which unfortunately also makes it a prime target for hacking attempts. This doesn’t mean WordPress isn’t still a great base for your site, only that it requires a certain level of maintenance and vigilance to make sure your site is protected.The WordPress team is committed to responding to all known loopholes within the core and securing them accordingly – each new release addresses any new known vulnerabilities, thus it’s important to keep your WordPress install up to date. In addition, your plugins need to be updated and checked regularly to make sure they cooperate with the WordPress core updates. We do our best to use plugins that we know are trusted and well maintained, but even those need tweaks from time to time.
Supporting local communities and the environment is important to us! That’s why we donate 2 percent of our net profits to socially and environmentally progressive initiatives.
($95/month nonprofit rate)
Note: Maintenance plans are available for existing clients only. *Please inquire about e-commerce rates.
Mangrove Hosting + Maintenance
WPEngine.com hosting included for FREE via our developer hosting account. (If you have your own WPE account, this plan also applies.) WPEngine is a great hosting solution, especially made for WordPress sites. It is known for being incredibly fast and secure, with great customer service.
- Premium WordPress hosting on WPEngine.com
Backups + Updates
- Monthly Personal Site Check
- Monthly WordPress Core + Plugin Updates
- Immediate Security-related WordPress Updates
- Daily Database Backups
- Daily Theme + Plugin + Media Uploads Backups
Performance + Support
- Quarterly website health summary + Performance Reviews
- 24/7 Security Monitoring
- Non-emergency site support response within 48hrs or less
- Same-day ASAP emergency site support during normal business hours, or next day ASAP emergency site support outside of normal business hours
- Up to 1hr/mo free "fix-its" in the case of any issues directly related to core or plugin updates
- FREE ASAP restoration in the case of a site hack
- FREE Yearly 1-hr Web Strategy Meeting
- Free SSL Certificate included
- Available Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Staging Area
- One-Click Restores
- Fast Caching Included
- Site Uptime Monitoring (via Google Webmaster Tools)
- Get Started
The Fine Print
*Any site that grows to over 50,000 visitors/mo, over 2GB storage, or over 3GB bandwidth must be transitioned to hosting on a client-owned WPEngine account and paid for separately. Hosting for sites of this volume on Mangrove’s servers are not included in these maintenance plans.
*Plugins added by the client post-launch are not covered for inclusive “fix its”.
Email plans are not included with WPEngine. We are happy to help set up email via google apps or your domain registrar (at our current hourly rates.)
E-commerce maintenance rates vary – please contact us for an estimate.
If you would rather not sign up for any maintenance plan, Mangrove Web Development will not be responsible for any future issues until contacted directly. We do not recommend this option unless you have another developer or are confident in managing your site updates and backup yourself. Any updates or security fixes will be billed at our currently hourly rate.